10 Things I’m Thankful For
This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Today I’ll talk about bookish things I’m thankful for in the year 2013. There are so many I have no trouble to list ten. I hope you’ll find them interesting and perhaps even share one or two with me. 😀
- Local library – can’t say that enough, where else am I to get free books? There are lots of things libraries are good for and I’m really grateful the fees are so low.
- E-books – cheap deals, handy format. I’m really glad I live in an age where I can have hundreds of books at my fingertips at a click of a button.
- Audio-books – one of the best things right behind e-books. I love multitasking and this is ever so helpful in this regard. Audio recording add a special dimension to any book.
- Bookmarks – I love them and try to obtain one with every book I buy, or if that isn’t possible at least with each larger book purchase. How else could I enjoy reading a book? I’m not going to dog-ear pages or use just anything to mark my place in the book. Besides – they are wonderful small gifts.
- Reading challenges – for making me read outside of my favourite genres and trying something new. They are very helpful when I don’t really know what to read next. It’s good to have a plan for the future.
- Goodreads and Bralnica – I love you guys for all the brilliant ideas and friendship, the recommendations and challenges. You’re a great support in my bookish endeavours.
- Book Bloggers – you guys are amazing and a big inspiration. I’m really thankful there are so many people as crazy about books as me.
- My English language teachers – you’ve made it possible for me to enjoy an entire new world and culture. Knowing foreign languages opens so many possibilities; least of them the ability to read the classics in their original language.
- My family – for instilling in me a love of books from an early age. I’m really glad I’ve got books as presents for my birthday and that we read together in the evening. I loved that. So a love for the written word is a gift that keeps on giving. 😀
- Authors – of course I must say a big heartfelt thank you to all the amazing writers who have given me so much pleasure.